Monday, December 03, 2007

I'm mad at WRBS...

... because they have been playing Christmas music since BEFORE Thanksgiving and I'm getting sick of Christmas music and I don't want to be because I LIKE Christmas music. I mean, Christmas is still like several weeks away and I'm going to be listening to Zepplin by then just to get away from 50 versions of "Silent Night".

Oh, and while we're on the topic, "My Favorite Things" is NOT a Christmas song. I heard some station playing a Barbra Streisand-crooned version of it while I was in a coffee shop today. It's from the Sound of Music and has nothing at all to do with Christmas or even winter for that matter. Just because a song has the word "snowflakes" in it doesn't make it a holiday song.

Sigh.

I'm in quite a mood today. I think I need a nap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course there are no rules to blogging, silly! That's why it's so cool to do do it. (Look who's talking, me, who keeps editing beyond belief and no posts are yet public :) )

Anyways, I'm teeribly glad you're back on the blog. I must say it's nice to hear from you again. I was getting a wee bit worried there for awhile. I mean, I had to resort to the dreaded phone! I have always hated the phone. I hate making a call and not knowing who's on the other end of the line. I mean, I want Katy, but is that who I'm gonna get right off? So, I ask anyway and feel like a dork when it's already you or feel totally relieved when it's not yoou and I have yet to make a fool of myself. (based on the current subject line, I'm starting to wonder if I've hit the dork line yet? Hmmm...?) Anyway, so you see, I had to resort to the phone. Shows you how much I love you! That said, when are we gonna hang out? We could eat, sing, sing, and more sing, or eat and talk, and talk some more. Or hey, christmas is here, we could shop. Pick a date. You call. Don't MAKE me use the phone! But I will if I get plagued by Katy-withdrawl again! :)

Have a nice day. Think warm thoughts, cause Winter has arrived!
Lauren

Anonymous said...

agreed.

i've been yelling that that song is not of the christmas variety for years.

i don't get it, and i get things.