Thursday, June 03, 2010

Thursday Thirteen Strikes Back (or whatever other sequel you'd like to use)

Ah. My old and dear friend, the Thursday Thirteen. How I've missed you. You're glad to see me. I know, I know. Don't gush and cause a scene and embarrass me...

So as to not strain or pull anything, I'll start with an easy one. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, straight from Katy's little notebook with the purple flower, I give you (drumroll)

Thirteen Books on my to-read list

1. "Three Cups of Tea" by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin (this is our June book club pick. I have to have it done by the 29th or Ami and Kate will have my head.)

2. "Take Three" by Karen Kingsbury (the third in another engaging series by Mrs. Kingsbury)

3. "The Secret Life of Bees " by Sue Monk Kidd (The movie is currently on my DVR and Ami and Kate said I'm not allowed to watch it until I read the book. They're so bossy)

4. "Peace Like a River" by Leif Enger (upon recommendation from my sister - who actually hasn't read it yet. It was recommended to her as well)

5. "Still Waters" by Jennifer Lauck (Book club for July)

6. "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris (I bought this at Ukazoo. I love David Sedaris. I read "Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim" a few summers ago and found myself laughing out loud)

7. "Winter Garden" by Kristin Hannah (Book club for August. I saw it reviewed in my Woman's Day magazine)

8. "Midwives" by Chris Bohjalian (Book club for September-ish. This was another recommendation from my sister. She reads a lot. Just sayin')

9. "Heart of the Matter" by Emily Giffin (I read Giffin's "Something Blue" in literally less than 24 hours. Needless to say, I like her and am looking forward to her newest)

10. "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Phillipa Gregory (Book club for October-ish. Another one recommended by my sister - she has practically threatened my general well-being if I don't read it)

11. "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson (Kate is reading it and seems quite pleased)

12. "Parenting a Child with ADHD" by Dr. Vincent J. Monastra (because I need help!)

13. "Saint Ben" by John Fischer (I read the sequel "The Saints and Angels Song" years ago not knowing it was a sequel. I'll probably read it again too because I remember liking it)

My hours behind the front desk at the pool this summer should help to accommodate my list. I think I read six books last summer. Yay!

Read any of these?

1 comment:

Ami said...

First, I haven't even started Three Cups of Tea yet.

Second, someone needs to lead this book group. ;)