Wednesday, September 08, 2010

House Rules

So we're getting there. We've got several days of school under our belts and we're chugging along.

Now, on to another matter. The HOUSE. Oh, it's bad! In the midst of our busy summer, we've let the house get a bit, uh... out of control. I don't think anyone has done an official chore in months. I mean, people will do stuff when I ask... uh tell them to but there's no order to our "madness." Now it's time to deal with all of that. We've got our scholastic wits about us and are back into the routine.

I was googling some chore charts and ideas and stumbled on a blog that had some house rules and when I started to think about it, dealing with the attitude behind the chores first may be the way to go. I edited those rules and are using them as a starting point. Here they are as they stand now:

Stevens House Rules

1.    Pick up after yourself
2.    No name-calling or mean words
3.    Be respectful of others need for space
4.    Chores and homework must be done before screens
5.    Be positive and supportive of your brothers’ efforts
6.    Manners! “Please” & “Thank You” will take you a long way.
7.    If you say you are BORED – I will find a job for you to do.

 

It's a start. I'm trying to add a little more - maybe make it a nice, even 10.

Thoughts, oh wise friends? What should I add?






1 comment:

Kurtis & mom said...

With a house full of boys, (3), I must add, no farting or picking your nose or scratching your nuts (more than 5 seconds)...

funny writing